What is a Neck Lift?
A neck lift is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the jawline and neck, such as:
- Excess fat and lax skin in the lower face that creates jowls
- Excess fatty deposits under the chin
- Loose neck skin
- Muscle banding in the neck which creates abnormal contours
The loss of youthful contours in the face and neck can be due to a variety of factors, including genetics, environmental conditions, and stress.
Some people feel they are not ready for a full facelift because the upper face is still pleasing. However, many patients will note excess wrinkling of the neck skin, a “turkey wattle” or double chin, and jowl lines.
When the neck area doesn’t match the upper facial appearance, a neck lift performed by double-board certified facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Stephen Weber may be a good solution.
Neck Lift Candidates
In general, good candidates for a neck lift are:
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations
Considerations & goals with neck lift surgery:
- Reduces or removes a “turkey neck” by removing excess, sagging skin
- Smoothes out wrinkles and creases throughout the neck
- Improves the appearance of vertical neck bands
- Results are abiding and will age naturally with a patient
- Can be combined with a facelift for more comprehensive facial rejuvenation
Neck Lift Recovery
Recovery time after a neck lift will depend on the individual, as well as the extent of surgery. Typically, patients return to daily activities including a return to work within two weeks after surgery. Expect your neck to feel tight for a few weeks, and know that bruising and swelling are normal. These effects should subside gradually, with visible bruising typically gone after the first week, and that “tight” feeling remaining for up to several months. Your cosmetic surgeon will provide you with detailed instructions for recovery and aftercare.
Dr. Stephen Weber did a great job! Dr. Weber is a great surgeon and has great bedside manners. I would do it again if needed. Thanks Dr. Weber! You and the surgery center are amazing!
Dr. Stephen Weber did a great job! I had a Lipoma just below my collar bone. It had been there for almost 20 years. When I first had it looked at 20 years ago they told me it was nothing to worry about. Well, there was one thing to worry about. The lipoma keeps growing slowly every year. It got so large it started bothering me. That's when I went out to meet with 3 surgeons to get pricing and to see who I was the most comfortable with. Dr. Weber is a great surgeon and has great bedside manners. I would do it again if needed. Thanks Dr. Weber! You and the surgery center are amazing!
* Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.