Many of our patients are interested in obtaining lip augmentation and shapely. The “go to” option for many years has been injectable dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Volbella and Restylane. Fillers are injected during a safe, brief, in office procedure and are highly customizable for your individual lip shape and goals. However, fillers are temporary lasting up to 12 months in the lips. Our patients have requested a filler that is more long term, Enter the PermaLip implant from Surgisil.
PermaLip implants can create long term lip augmentation and shaping following a straight-forward in office procedure that does not require any more time than an injectable filler appointment. The PermaLip implant comes in a variety of lengths and shapes to suit your individual needs. The upper and lower lip implants are also customized to create a lower lip that is slightly larger than the upper lip resulting in a natural, balanced appearance to the augmented lips. The procedure is typically performed by Dr. Weber under local anesthesia (injections similar to those you receive at the Dentist) but can be supplemented with oral sedation to help you relax. Small incisions are created at the corner of the mouth and once a small pocket has been created for the implant, the implant is gently placed just below the lip tissue of the upper and lower lips.
Advantages of the PermaLip implant:
- PermaLip is a soft, smooth, silicone-based implant.
- Perma Facial Implant is contoured for a natural appearance.
- Perma Facial Implant is abiding, yet can be easily removed or modified.
- Perma Facial Implant is available in a variety of sizes to achieve customized results and a normal balanced shape.
- PermaLip Implant removes the need for repeated lip filler injections every 9-12 months
I first met Dr. W after a severe motor vehicle accident in which I sustained multiple fractures of the face and jaw as well as soft tissue injuries to the chin. In my work as a veterinarian, I am accustomed to providing medical care, but I suddenly found myself in the unfamiliar position of patient. Dr.
* Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.